Sewing has been a little slow here recently due to a variety of factors, but I have just finished a little collection of storage tubs for the bump’s nursery. I love having little baskets to hold nappies, wipes etc. and, as we are planning to use cloth this time around, I decided I would probably need a little more storage.
I went for a hunt in my little fabric stash and pulled out a lovely half-metre of this fabric by Pippa Shaw for Dashwood Studios. I paired it with some chambray and set to work.
The rectangle baskets are made from a pattern that I have been tweaking for years. I am not sure where I first sourced it but I first made them four years ago when I was expecting my first little Pickle. I have since evolved the pattern and now make quite a few baskets as gifts etc. These baskets used scraps of wadding to make them fairly robust.
After making these I decided to add something a little different to the mix so headed over to Pinterest for a pattern and selected this one.
I am really pleased with the final pieces and can’t wait to add them to the nursery properly. My next baby sewing projects are a quilt and some fleece nappy liners.